Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sky Coaster

CHECK IT OFF THE BUCKET LIST!  Okay, so I may be cutting some corners with this bucket list thing, but I am desperate to check something off!  Just in case anyone is just tuning in, my roommates up at Virginia Tech and I made a bucket list of about 100 things we need to do before the end of our senior year.  We've gone through half the year and instead of checking things off the list we just keep adding more things to it.  So my roommates weren't in on this one since I'm still at home, in Orlando, on Winter Break and don't have to go back to VT until January 15th.  Yes, VT does have the longest Winter Break EVER!  Anyways, one of the things on our list was 'To Bungee'.  Pretty broad...yes, but it's done!

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of a Sky Coaster before, but you have probably seen it at some point while driving and though it was a huge lightning rod.


That is the sky coaster!  Basically, it is the simplest ride ever.  The Sky Coaster will take your breath away, make you pee your pants, scare you to death, and yet when you are done you will want to do it again.  I did this with my Orlando roommates aka my dad, uncle, and brother, Zak.  So if you are wondering who the studly models in my pictures are that's them.  All are single so ladies if you are interested I can hook it up ;)

The ride works like this: You are harnessed in so you can lay flat. Don't mind the cross-eyed model.


Then you are raised up on a platform and attached to the bungee.  Then, they lower the platform, and as they do that you fall forward nearly face planting.  I was not expecting that to happen and nearly pooped my pants!  The guys working the ride didn't warn us because they seem to get a big kick out of scaring everyone.




Once you make it past that part, you slowly get lifted up to the top of the 300 foot pole.  Where it looks like you will plummet to your death.  I went with my dad and I'm pretty sure he lost blood flow to his right arm because I was squeezing it so hard. It seems to take forever to get up to the top!  Once you get up there you have to pull the lever to drop yourself.  You have to build up some courage to do that!  That first drop will take your breath away, but it feels AWESOME!  Then, you swing back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.  Didn't want it to end!  Of course, my brother and my uncle added an extra thrill to it by beating the crap out of each other while they swang back and forth.  There's just too much testosterone!




It was a ton of fun, and I would recommend that everyone do it.  However, I would not recommend everyone google 'Skyscraper Accidents' right beforehand like my brother decided to do.  Let's just say make sure that they lower the platform after they attach you to the bungee.  SPLAT!  I think the next step is going sky diving, so hopefully I'll be blogging about that sometime in the near future!  Anyone been skydiving?  I'd love to hear how it compares!

No comments:

Post a Comment