Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Best Ever Blueberry Creme Pie

Okay so you may think that you have had the best pie ever at one point in your life, but you have not tried this one!  I have made it numerous times and every time I get asked for the recipe, so I'm finally going to let everyone in on the secret.  If you've hurt someone's feelings, rubbed them the wrong way, pissed them off, or even threw them down stairs, make this pie and everything will be okay.  I guarantee it!

Blueberry Creme Pie

Pie Crust
1 9" deep dish pie crust (I just used the pre-made Pillsbury pie crust, and baked it according to the instructions)



Filling
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 egg (beaten in a bowl to blend)
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  To make the filling, mix the first six ingredients.


Fold in the blueberries.  The reason this pie is so amazing is there is so many blueberries in it.  Any having blueberries in it makes it healthy right?  Yeah, we'll go with that!



Spoon into pie crust.  Bake until filling is set; it should be about 25 minutes.


While the pie is baking, mix the topping ingredients together.

Topping
6 tablespoons of flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter chilled (cut into little pieces)
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons sugar

Using your fingertips...yeah, it gets a little messy :) mix the flour and butter in a bowl until small clumps form. Mix in the pecans and sugar until crumble forms.


Once the filling is done baking, spoon the topping over the pie.  Bake the topping until it is lightly golden, should be about 12 minutes.  Let it cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.  There it is, the secret is out!  My brother doesn't like nuts, so I've made this without using pecans in the topping and its still delicious.  I also tried adding white chocolate chips to (because I'm slightly addicted to chocolate) and it was amazing!



All the pictures food bloggers put up make the food look irresistible!  I need to step my game up and work on my food styling.  Definitely looks easier than it is.  Anyone have some suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment